solo piper at a Wedding is a classic and cost-effective way
of providing formal and informal music before, during and after the
ceremony. Without the need for amplification, I am easily able to
situate myself in an ideal location relative to the guests and the
ceremony. I am happy to perform at any part of the ceremony and can
recommend suitable music if required.
I can provide any or all of the following:
- Play an assortment of tunes prior to the arrival of the Bride.
- Lead the Bridal car into the Wedding venue.
for the Processional. This involves piping the Bride and or Bridal Party
down the aisle. Piping the Groom down the aisle is also an option.
Depending on your preference and or the layout of the venue, I may
either lead or play from a static position.
- Play a medley of suitable tunes during the Signing of the Wedding Register.
- Play during the Unity Candle or similar ceremony.
for the Recessional. As with the Processional, I may either lead or
play from a static position. The music chosen here is usually more
upbeat in nature than what is used earlier in the ceremony.
- Play another assortment of tunes after the ceremony.
- Take part in any photographs.
The following is a typical example of what many couples choose:
- At the Reception, lead the Newlyweds to their table.
- Play a variety of tunes for 15 minutes as guests arrive.
- Play Highland Cathedral for the Processional.
- Play Flower Of Scotland and Skye Boat Song for the Signing.
- Play Marie's Wedding and Highland Laddie for the Recessional.
- Play another variety of tunes for 15 minutes afterwards.
is just one example and you may wish for for something completely
different. I am happy to fit in with your exact requirements and will
effort to make the bagpipes a special part of your day.
- Take part in photos if requested.
More tunes can be found on my repertoire page.
Leading the Bridal Party at Overnewton Castle, Keilor.